Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Song For Saturday - Serena Ryder sings Sing Sing

Serena Ryder - Sing Sing

I came across this song on You Tube and I liked it right away.  She has such a strong voice and I totally agree with the message - Sing like there's nobody listening!

You gotta sing sing sing sing sing out loud,
don't matter if you stay on track.
You gotta sing sing sing sing sing out loud,
don't you dare holding nothing back.

I've been around for long enough to know that
Everybody needs to sing
No matter if you're all alone or surrounded
By a thousand people with a thousand things.

You gotta sing sing sing sing sing out loud,
don't matter if you stay on track.
You gotta sing sing sing sing sing out loud,
don't you dare holding nothing back.

Don't you dare holding nothing...
Don't you dare holding nothing...
Don't you dare holding nothing back.
Don't you dare holding nothing...
Don't you dare holding nothing...
Don't you dare holding nothing back.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for her. I also agree with her 100%! Great selection, Kelly.

Nicole said...

Nice!

Kelly said...

@souldipper and @Nicole - I think the word "Sing" in the song could be interchanged with many words such as write. Serena definitely doesn't hold anything back and that is what I love about her music. She sings from the heart.

Anonymous said...

She has a really good voice! and thanks for the comment :)

Kelly said...

@ V - She does have a great voice doesn't she? Here's another of her songs that I love.

http://youtu.be/vGfO2bNEfd4

Queentob said...

she has a good voice but I liked the lyrics more
I am tone deaf- in every way shape and form and yet, when I am alone in the car, I love to crank up the music (joss stone is a favorite!) and just sing...
the tension goes away and I feel like a new woman!

Kelly said...

Michelle - I find singing very therapeutic as well and I am definitely lyrically driven.

Unknown said...

What fun! Much better than beets,