Thursday, December 1, 2011

Quintuples of Me


FIVE THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME 

1.  Both of my pinky fingers curve outward at the last joint.  Someone once told me that this is a sign of creativity and I have held onto this ever since.  According to my pinkies, I am extremely creative.

2.  I would have done well in China or Japan in the days of foot binding.  I have very small feet – a kid's size two. Finding shoes without bows or butterflies that actually fit is a momentous occasion. “I will take a pair in every colour, please.” 

3.  When I was in elementary school, I won a contest at the local fall fair two years in a row for "the owner who looks most like their dog". In my defense, my dog, Sandy, had blonde hair and huge brown eyes.  Her exaggerated over-bite had absolutely nothing to do with it.  Nothing.

4.   I am slightly OCD.  I love to see a series of identical things all lined up in a row - like the ramekins in my header. Double letters in a name, such as my own (Kelly) make me happy and double digits such as 11, 22, 33 etc. are preferable.  I know. Weird, right? 

5.  I do shop at Victoria’s Secret but the only thing that I buy there is flannel jammies.  I could live in my flannel jammies and on weekends, I often do.  
 
 
FIVE THINGS THAT I AM KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT 

1.  Music - I know the words to many songs.  My sister and I used to have singing contests to see who would mess up the words first.

2.  Grammar - In high school, my English teacher wrote in my year book, "To a Great Grammarian."  My stepfather insisted that if we were going to "speak the Queen's English" that we would do so properly.  I guess it stuck. 

3.  Cooking - I love to cook.  My children, my sister and my mother-in-law have all been known to call me at random moments for advice on cooking. 

4.  Conveyancing - I have worked in a law office for over ten years and in that time, I have learned a thing or two on transferring property and registering mortgages.  It satisfies my analytical side. 

5.  Interior Design - Over the years, I have worked off and on in the design field - window coverings, kitchens, flooring - and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I have also taken several courses on the subject and designed my own house.  This satisfies my creative side. 

 
FIVE THINGS I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT
(and probably don't care to know) 

1.  Car Maintenance

2.  Computer Programming 

3.  Animal Husbandry

4.  Taxidermy

5.  Quantum Physics


FIVE THINGS THAT I BELIEVE

1.  I believe that you should treat people how you would like to be treated yourself. I know this seems like a simple concept but many people don't practice it.

2.  I believe that hurt people hurt people.

3.  I believe that everyone should have the right to their own form of spirituality, whatever that may be. 

4.  I believe that good is inherent in all people.  It may be hidden beneath hurt, anger or mental illness but it is there.

5.  I believe that we are all responsible for our own happiness and that it is about perception and choices.  Some days are just harder than others to make the right choices.


Five Things. List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you believe. (inspired by LouLou’s Views)

This post is inspired by Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

3 comments:

XmasDolly said...

Whoa, very interesting. Thought I'd Congrats U that you've been chosen for our Spotlight Dance at the 4M's Monday's Music Moves Me. Stop by for our linky and your Spotlight Dancer button! Sorry couldn't find your e-mail address.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Stopping by from Xmas Dolly to say congrats on being in the spotlight. I guess, I'm too early to catch your post. However, I did enjoy reading this post on you! =D I missed playing Mama Kat's writing prompt last week. It was just one of these too hectic weeks for me. Perhaps this week I can join in. BTW, I'm now your newest follower!

Colette S said...

Just wanted to congratulate you on being featured on our Music Monday!

I really need to do one of Mama Kat's writing. Very interesting!